Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Back to the Future (Part 2)

Someone has said that true living is in who you know. I have had the experience of doing many different things in life, but some of my "dreams" have not turned out as I would have thought. I have always felt that I was at a disadvantage to most because I truly do not have any "connections" in life. We hear all the time of people getting their dream job, or getting that promotion, or called to participate in a prestigious event simply because of the person that they were friends with. A friend who made one call, and that call guaranteed action. But during those times I find myself having a pity party about my life, and bemoaning the fact that I have little to no connections with anyone of any power and authority in this life, the Holy Spirit quickly asks me one question, "If you have no one of any authority in your life, then who is Christ to you?" When hearing that question/reprimand, I repent and find comfort that Christ Jesus is enough. He opens and closes any door that no one can close or open. (Rev. 3:9)

As Jesus commissions John to write the book of Revelation to the persecuted church, He does so by clearly expressing how powerful He truly is in this world. Not only does John take Jesus seriously, but the King behind this book ought to be listened to and obeyed without delay. He is clothed as a priest, full of maturity and wisdom. His eyes are all knowing and penetrate the very hearts of men. His feet are stable, pure, and cannot be moved. His voice speaks and the whole creation trembles. His hands hold the very pastor of each church. His tongue is the very Word of God that protects the church. He is so radiant that no one dare stand upright in His presence. (1:12-20) This is the God who has commission this book of hope, comfort, and warning to all men. If you personally know this God, Jesus Christ, then your life will be less stressful than those who choose to reject His Word. Until next time, keep walking close to Christ.

No comments: