Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Who is God (Part 2)

I have found in my short thirty-eight years of living, that most of my stress in life comes from the fact that as a human I want to live. Our bodies long for survival, and anything that obstructs that course causes us to fight. The will to live is powerful. And just as powerful is the reality that in a second my life can be over. If I as a human want to have a more peaceful mind set, I must realize that the God of the Bible wants me to submit to His authority and purpose for my life. The second description that God reveals of Himself to man (Isaiah 47) is, God is the giver of life and death. In verse 8, God tells us that He is the Creator of the whole earth. In verses 9-10, God scolds man for being so proud as to talk back to his Creator, God. In verse 18 He reaffirms His promise that all of His creation, including humans, have a divine purpose.

You see the God who makes Himself known in Scripture calls Himself the only Creator. And since He is the Creator of the universe, doesn't that fact alone give Him total control over every aspect of our lives. At any moment He could choose to take His air out of our lungs, or take back His blood from our heart...and we would die. He also can choose to give us 10 years, 30 years, 70 years, or 100 years to live. He makes the call for our life. He has that right. So when I recognized who He is, accept that He alone has the best for my life, choose not to question His will but to follow the guidelines set forth in His Word, then I will have less worry in my life. You see again, a life given completely over to God is a life at peace with the past, present, and future events that make up your life. Until next time, keep walking close to Christ.

No comments: